- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped carrot
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup ketchup, divided
- 1 1/2 pounds extra lean ground beef or turkey
- 1 cup finely crushed fat-free saltine crackers (about 20)
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large eggs
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat the olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chopped onion, chopped carrot, dried oregano, and minced garlic, saute two minutes then allow to cool.
- Combine onion mixture, 1/2 cup ketcup, and the remaining ingredients except cooking spray in a large bowl.
- Spoon the meat mixture into 12 muffin cups coated lightly with cooking spray. Top each with two teaspoons of ketchup.
- Bake at 350 for 25 minutes or until a thermometer registers 160 degrees in center of meat. Let stand for 5 minutes.