- 4 large eggs
- 4 large egg whites
- 1/4 cup grated Swiss Cheese
- 1/2 bunch (6 1/2 cups) Swish Chard, washed well
- 1 large white onion (2 cups), sliced thin
- 2 tsp light butter
- salt and fresh pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°
- In a medium bowl, combine eggs, egg whites, cheese, and a pinch of salt & pepper. Set aside.
- Separate the stems from the leaves of the chard. Dice the stem into small pieces. Roll the leaves up and slice into thin ribbons, about an 1/8-inch thick.
- Heat a 10-inch skillet on low heat; melt half of the butter and add the onions with a pinch of salt & pepper. Slowly cook until the onions caramelize. Set the onions aside
- Increase the heat to medium-high, add remaining butter and add the chard stems. Cook about 3-4 minutes. Add the chard leaves to the pan and cook until wilted (about 2-3 minutes). Season with salt & pepper.
- Reduce heat to low; pour egg mixture into the skillet and add caramelized onions, salt & pepper and mix well to blend. Reduce heat to low and cook until the edges set (about 6-8 minutes). Once the bottom and edges set, place in the oven and bake until completely set through (about 4-5 minutes).
- Remove from the oven and place a dish over the pan; flip onto the plate.
- Cut into wedges, serve, and enjoy!