The LAP-BAND is an outpatient treatment, with a recovery time of about one week. The flexible band is positioned around the top section of the stomach restricting the amount of food that will travel through it, helping the individual in attaining weight loss and keeping it off. The LAP-BAND treatment does not require any sort of re-routing of the anatomy, or any type of stapling.
- Least invasive surgical procedure
- No intestinal re-routing
- No cutting or stapling of the stomach wall or bowel
- Small incisions and minimal scarring
- Reduced patient pain, length of hospital stay and recovery period
Fewer Risks and Side Effects
- Low risk of nutritional deficiencies associated with gastric bypass
- Reduced risk of hair loss
- No “dumping syndrome” related to dietary intake restrictions
Customizable & Reversible
- Customized for each individual’s needs
- Adjustments performed without additional surgery
- Supports pregnancy by allowing stomach outlet size to be adjusted
- Removable at any time
- Stomach and other anatomy are generally restored to their original forms and functions
Is LAP-BAND for You?
The ultimate reason to consider the LAP-BAND System is that you want to transform your life. You want to be able to enjoy a morning bike ride, or go on a second honeymoon, or chase your kids around the yard. You just want to feel better, both physically and emotionally. But first, you have to lose the extra weight – safely.
The LAP-BAND System can help you do that. It has been proven to provide significant weight loss – weight loss that lasts.
Join over 860,000 people* who have chosen the LAP-BAND System and book a consultation to learn how the safe and reversible LAP-BAND can help change your life.
* Results and Patient Experience May Vary.
* Data on file. ReShape Lifesciences Inc.